HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News What's the latest news? Check it out here. Grab Our News RSS Feed

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | $199 3G iPhone Releasing July 11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2008, 10:06 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I think there is definitely a way for AT&T and Apple to lock you into a contract when your purchase the iPhone 3G. It would just be completely STUPID for them if they did the same thing as before. I think they dont care if you jailbreak it now or mod it (it even comes with a simcard tool) as long as you are stuck in that 2 year contract that you will have to pay $10 extra a month and Apple dont share that profit with AT&T anymore.

The prices of $199 for 8G and $299 for 16G is only with an AT&T contract in the US. Think of those other 22 countries that will also get the new phone on July 11. I think some or most of those countries dont have AT&T. How will they get it for that cheap price? I think the low price is just for us to hype up the phone and make a lot of noise in the market. The price will definitely be higher than what it is now.

For just 3G and better battery life or whatever. Its not worth it. And I think the quality of the phone went down. I dont like how the back is curve and made of plastic and it is thicker than the current iPhone and it weight 7 grams lighter.

Is like Macbook Pro VS Macbook. Medal looks wayyyyyyyyy better than plastic.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:07 PM
Green Apple

Simple question to you guys buying into the Gizmodo rumors. If the price is subsidized and set by the carrier and not by apple, then how is the price at $199 in 22 countries and multiple carriers at launch? Seems to me if the carriers had that much of a say of the retail price then you'd see varying prices for varying markets.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:23 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disisgustavo View Post
they dont come with docks anymore though
also not really digging the plastic, plastic always looks cheap, especially on cell phones. man i wish i could have all the features (3g and gps mainly) on the current iphone.
I soooo agree with you. Apple has indeed cut all corners to bring the price down. Honestly, I am not very impressed and I am glad I have a 16GB first gen. iPhone. This will become the new Razr and everyone and their grandmama will have one. The aluminum had to go to make it affordable to every joe schmoe out there.

tsk..tsk..tsk....

I have mixed feelings about the new iphone...I mean, if I got a 16GB for only $300 and then see someone who has a 1st gen iphone 16GB, I know that theirs was more expensive than mine...with quality aluminum casing.

I can already see it, every ghetto @$$ mofo will have one....crap.

It just doesn't seem to fit in apple's line of products to throw around something cheap like that. What happened to the apple lifestyle???
Old 06-09-2008, 10:31 PM
What's Jailbreak?

that price if getting a contrac whit AT%T no?? if you wana just get the phone? are they gona sell it to you? or we gona have to wait like 6 month to they let you buy it whitout a plan?
Old 06-09-2008, 10:35 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko_kun View Post
So without a contract the iphones will be at regular price? I guess I have no reason to buy one then. Im with tmobile and they dont even offer 3g yet. Anybody know when tmobile will offer 3g?
Actually T-Mobile did launch their 3G in the East Coast already (NY), and by the end of 3rd quarter or sooner here in the West.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:59 PM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

I believe I actually have an answer to the price question. In the spirit of giving new iphone owners something to look forward to I'd say you will buy the iphone at whatever regular price Jobs wants it to be, and then get a rebate when you activate the phone.

It will likely go something like:

"Apple iPhone $199 with activation rebate, regular price $4xx.xx"

Looking for some docks? One's Custom Docks Click Here!
- - - - PART 2 Click Here!

Customize for 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 Click HERE.

Swaptunes for 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 Click HERE.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:24 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by one1 View Post
I believe I actually have an answer to the price question. In the spirit of giving new iphone owners something to look forward to I'd say you will buy the iphone at whatever regular price Jobs wants it to be, and then get a rebate when you activate the phone.

It will likely go something like:

"Apple iPhone $199 with activation rebate, regular price $4xx.xx"
+1
Since AT&T is going to make you sign a contract physically and when you buy the iPhone at the Apple Store anywhere in the world you will pay full price unless you are in the US then you can go get a rebate from AT&T and be stuck with them for 2 years.

So if I do the math right...
2 years at AT&T @ $10 extra per month $240
8G iPhone @ $199 / 16G iPhone @ 299
=8G @ $439 / 16G @ $539

Without contract purchase
8G @ $499 / 16G @ $599 (my estimate)

Dont flame me if you think I am wrong.

Last edited by ichidakilla : 06-09-2008 at 11:30 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:46 PM
iPhoneaholic

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: Vista

Those prices sound about right and I'm going to guess that if you cancel within 30 days, it'll be 175 to cancel the account + 300 to pay the rest of the phone. After X months, they'll remove the 300 from the phone and just cost you 175. Either way, I'm sure AT&T has already come up with a number of scenarios of people trying to end with just the phone and no contract.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:49 PM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: 8GB iPhone - 1.1.4
Operating System: OS X Leopard | Win XP

Where can I find the Australian prices?
PLEASE!!!

8Gb iPhone -> 1.1.4 Pwned & BootNeutered
2.2 GHz MacBook -> OS X Leopard & Windows XP (BootCamp)

If I've helped thank me, or if I've saved your life DONATE!
Old 06-09-2008, 11:54 PM
What's Jailbreak?

mms

I agree.I love my iphone however I hate it just as well.ARE YOU KIDDING ME, STILL NO MMS, WHAT A FRICKING JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEN EVER SOMEONE SENDS ME A PIX MESSAGE I JUST DELETE IT. I'M NOT GOING TO SPEND 10 MINUTES LOOKING FOR A PIECE OF PAPER AND PEN (lol), TO WRITE DOWN A STUPID ID# AND PASSWORD FOR VIEWMYPIX.COM(WHAT A FRICKING JOKE)AND SPEND ANOTHER 10 MINUTES TRYING TO ENTER IT AND DOWNLOAD THE PIX. Needless to say I'm greatly dissappointed, NO DARN MMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH yeah and to those of you who say "just use E-mail" HEY STUPID, NOT ALL PEOPLE SENDING YOU TEXTS HAVE E-MAIL ON THEIR CELL PHONES!!!!!!!!!! i,VE USED SWIRLY WORKS FINE WITH ATT 25 CENTS PER PIX PLAN UNTIL THEIR COMPUTER DOES ITS MONTHLY SWEEP AND KICKS THE PLAN OFF. i HAD TO KEEP CALLING EACH MONTH AND GIVE THE OPERATOR THE SAME OLL BS THAT I SWITCH OUT SIM CARDS. I JUST GOT TIRED OF THE BS AND QUIT.

JUST IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING I'M NO NOOB. BEEN JAILBROKEN SINCE JULY 2007. THE HARD WAY, B4 ALL THESE PROGRAMS THAT DO IT FOR YOU IN 5 MINUTES.

Last edited by taotechad : 06-10-2008 at 12:04 AM. Reason: NEED TO ADD SOMETHING
Old 06-10-2008, 12:05 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Send a message via AIM to chancre_scolex

**** the 3G iphone.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:29 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: Windows XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecnovaec View Post
just went to the apple online store and saw the white one. very sexy!!!! perfect timing, i've thrown mine around so much the vibrate button has broken
lol same
Old 06-10-2008, 12:38 AM
Green Apple

$199 that sucks
Old 06-10-2008, 01:22 AM
Green Apple

Operating System: Windows XP

Personally I can't see how the back is going to feel nice. Its like blackbook versus Pro, with the metal casing being of higher quality and less susceptible to scratches. Considering there is little difference between 1st G and 2nd G I do think 3G owners will be envious of the now, thanks to WWDC, even rarer 1st generation iPhone.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:59 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Didnt Apple have a 2 year exclusive with AT&T? This being so, this is just a gimmick to pascify AT&T who probably blasted Apple for all the jailbroken phones that are on diffrent networks, thus the need to activate in store. PLUS if you have to activate in store, what are the apple people going to for you? They cant activate it there right? Unless they have to set it up for you like we had to on our 1st gens.

I assume that no MMS etc because that is 3rd party software, and apple is banking on extra revenue from the app store. Sure $200 less, but if the apps are like (guesstimate) $5-$25, average person buys a few (MMS, Video,voice record) they get ALL that, and no share with AT&T. So this may be just Apple making AT&T happy with locking in exclusive customers to pay AT&T their monthly fee, and then Apple gets the app store throw back. Also not EVERYONE will have one, just those on AT&T. Some people hate AT&T or are in contract and thus cant get one. Just my opinion based on reading all 9 pages before. No one knows for sure till July 11th

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News