HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com | iPhone forums, iPhone hacks, iPhone unlock > ModMyiFone > News
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News What's the latest news? Check it out here. Grab Our News RSS Feed

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2008, 03:18 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone | 1.1.4 - PWN'D
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5.2
Send a message via MSN to exg5

no problem, thanks for the help... allergies are driving me crazy too (I assume its pollen for you to?)
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 03:34 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 8 GB 1.1.4 Pwned
Operating System: Mac OSX 10.5.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by exg5 View Post
oh ya right... then what does the bootloader do again? (sorry I don't fully understand how these components work)
The bootloader gets things started, and in the right order. Starts a processor and then the main program associated with it. It's essential (if it does not work, your phone won't work), but at the same time does not do anything relevant to the functions of your device (which are implemented by your programs). So, it does not really matter which one you have, as long as it works.

Somebody has made the analogy that 3.9 is like a liberal mom (because it lets you do whatever you want) and 4.6 is a strict mom. Which one would you rather have?

If you want to know more about this stuff I suggest:

http://george.zjlotto.com/index.php/...-a-bootloader/

and

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=32604

Hope this helps
Old 03-26-2008, 03:37 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone | 1.1.4 - PWN'D
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5.2
Send a message via MSN to exg5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoiac View Post
The bootloader gets things started, and in the right order. Starts a processor and then the main program associated with it. It's essential (if it does not work, your phone won't work), but at the same time does not do anything relevant to the functions of your device (which are implemented by your programs). So, it does not really matter which one you have, as long as it works.

Somebody has made the analogy that 3.9 is like a liberal mom (because it lets you do whatever you want) and 4.6 is a strict mom. Which one would you rather have?

If you want to know more about this stuff I suggest:

http://george.zjlotto.com/index.php/...-a-bootloader/

and

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=32604

Hope this helps
wow thanks, much appreciated
Old 03-26-2008, 04:40 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Operating System: MBP 2.33GH Mac OSX tiger

anyone report working with 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 OTB ?
Old 03-26-2008, 05:45 PM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: AT&T 1.1.4 (PWNED)
Operating System: Leopard / XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by abukadi View Post
anyone report working with 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 OTB ?
This program will will on any iPhone on any firmware no mater what version OTB or upgraded to.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:50 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iphone 1.1.4
Operating System: Windows xp sp2
Question sir

i would like to know i iLibertyX is better than ZiPhone ?or do they do the same thing?
Old 03-26-2008, 06:11 PM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: AT&T 1.1.4 (PWNED)
Operating System: Leopard / XP

I would say iLiberty has more features integrated into it but as far as end result and ease of use they are equal. The goal for most people is to jailbreak, unlock and activate and they both do an amazing job.

DFU Restore Mode:
1. Boot phone 2. Hold Power + Home until the screen goes BLACK 3. Continue to hold home and let go of power 4. Plug into iTunes (screen should still be BLACK) 5. Within 20 seconds it should come up in recovery mode 6. Let go of Home and hit RESTORE in iTunes.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:32 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
This program will will on any iPhone on any firmware no mater what version OTB or upgraded to.
Digg
I am afraid to tell u NO, cuz I have tried it on 1.1.2 OTB but it's stuck on the jailbreak and never go further, I needed to restore again.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:40 PM
What's Jailbreak?

does jailbreaking downgrade your bootloader?
Old 03-26-2008, 08:04 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I can't jailbreak using iLibertyX I used the old method then I downgraded my bootloader to 3.9FB , so I can have jailbroken/activated but LOCKED iPhone with bootloader 3.9FB and baseband 04.04.05

but when I attempt to use iLibrety is just eep the test writing on my iphone screen for long time until i get my iphone back to recovery and restore.

so what I want is to unlock 1.1.2 jailbroken/activated BL 3.9FB with 04.04.05 baseband method.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:39 PM
What's Jailbreak?

So a long time ago, when I first bought my 1.0.2 iphone, I went through the long and tedious task of jailbraiking/unlocking using independence and I think Anysim. It seems like we've come a really long way since then. What took me half a day takes minutes now. Okay so enough emotional crap.. here is my issue:
I have been continuously upgrading my phone, and somewhere way back (aside from issues with YouTube, etc, which all resolved) I had a problem with my Ringer. My phone rings if my headphones are in. It rings when I set an alarm. BUT IT WILL NOT RING UNDER NORMAL CONDITIONS. It's not my ringer settings, because I've changed them every which way and I can't get anything. I'm assuming it's a software error somewhere (I've had to do so much to my phone to keep it going through all these changes- For example, installing Terminal and trying to delete my Media file.. not working so ultimately found Finder and got the damn file name changed so my 300MB phone would become 8GB again.)

So now I'm at 1.1.3, and ready to upgrade again. But before I do, I need to ask this question because everytime I upgrade, I get all excited thinking my phone will ring, but it never does.

Is there ANY way to completely downgrade so my phone is exactly how it was when it came out of the box?? I'm thinking maybe if I go back to 1.0.2 I can get it ringing again. I don't understand this bootloading stuff and I'm not a complete genius like PF and you others. Can anyone help me? Please let me know!!

Thanks a million
Old 03-26-2008, 09:36 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: 1.0.2 unlocked RESTORED to 1.1.3 Unlocked w/ ANYSIM 1.3!!!
Operating System: OSX Leopard

gray wifi is still gray. =(
Old 03-26-2008, 09:58 PM
What's Jailbreak?

hey guys i tried the program with the 4.02.13 and it got stuck on jailbreaking for over an hour. Now its stuck on a bsd root:md0, major2, minor 0 screen which just keeps loading and loading indefinitely. What next? or did i just brick this new otb iphone?
Old 03-26-2008, 10:16 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 1.1.3
Operating System: OS X 10.5.2

Ok, so i've been hearing a lot about zIphone downgrading the BL to 3.9. I have a quick question about this and iLibertyX. I have a 1.1.3 OTB. I unlocked the 1.1.3 with zIphone. I ran a program that tells you the system*edit* hardware info, and it said my BL was still 4.6. Is this true? My Baseband is 04.02.13, which leads me to believe it is.

iLibertyX question: will it tell me if I am on a 3.9 BL or a 4.6 BL?
-J

Last edited by iPhoneArizona : 03-26-2008 at 10:23 PM.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:25 PM
What's Jailbreak?

This is great. I used iPlus 2.0b before and this one is getting better. After quick looking, I have a couple of questions.

1. Does the jailbreak + activation + unlock (for BL 3.9fb) option still provide Installer fix, BSD, term-vt100 fix, SummerBoard path fix, and relocating fonts and ringtones, as iPlus did?

2. In the Payloads tab, when download finished, e.g, "Install BBInfo", where is the downloaded file? Can I keep it for later use so that I don't need to download again?

3. I noticed that I have to "Download" packages in Payloads tab each time I open iLiberty+, even I had download same stuff before. Can this be managed that the download files are stored at a specific folder, named like "payloads" or something, so the program doesn't need to download again? Instead, the program only needs to search a specific folder before it tries download.

These are some questions I have after first look at iLiberty+. Any comment is appreciated. Thank you.
iPhone 8G OTB 1.1.2 --> 1.1.4

ModMyiFone.com | iPhone forums, iPhone hacks, iPhone unlock > ModMyiFone > News