HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone Modding > T-mobile
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

T-mobile Discuss questions about T-Mobile and the iphone here.

MMi Super Contest | 30 winners! Over $1500 in Prizes! Enter Today!

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2008, 11:06 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 8GB 2.0.1
Operating System: OSX Leopard, XP
Send a message via AIM to mrsidewayzz

im would love to do this but i have the dreaded greyed out wifi/bluetooth syndrome. ill eventually get it done.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 02:23 PM
What's Jailbreak?

when i pull up any web page i get:

"HTTP ERROR: $CODE$

$MESSAGE$

RequestURI=/

whatever that means...
Old 08-23-2008, 06:41 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellyface View Post

"HTTP ERROR: $

$

RequestURI=/

whatever that means...
same problem, I have subscribed to T-zones 5.99, its been about 2 days, downloaded the tzones hack off of Cydia, changed APN to wap.voicestream.com....
very very frustrated...HELP!
Old 08-23-2008, 06:48 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0.1
Operating System: OS X 10.5.4

Quote:

"HTTP ERROR: $

$

RequestURI=/

whatever that means...
I get this one and

"internal error You do not have access to the site in www.google.com"

I don't live in an area that gets Edge coverage with tmobile. Could that be what the problem is?

But even so, my nokia 5300 wouldn't even get on google....

Also, I never received a text message confirming the changes to my account.

And their system shows I'm using a HTC MDA

Last edited by Jυsтιи; 08-23-2008 at 06:53 PM.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:29 PM
Green Apple

i called t-mobile they said its something wrong with t-zones in my area in new york city.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:03 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I Just bought a 1st Gen iPhone, unlocked it and jailbroke it with winpwn using 2.0.1 firmware. I am testing it with tmobile right now and basically I signed up for the flexpay program with tzones. I downloaded the hack with cydia. Works real well with a few exceptions.

First: I have conducted several speed test. I have been reading many people say they are getting about 100kbps. I only get around 50kbps with 5 bars. I have read many heated arguments that the tzones hack is slow. I must say for me it is slow and I live in an edge area. I have heard the argument that edge is edge but if this serves me correctly, you are using a proxy. Actually any proxy can slow you down. Not sure if the full internet plan is faster cause I haven't tried it. It may just be my coverage and the jury is still out weather I will try it out. I may plop the extra 14 bucks to test iy out and being a Starbucks kinda guy I may find the hotspots useful. But for now 50kbps gets me by since I have wifi in most of the important places that I use my data most.

Second: Exchange Push email works sometimes but not always. Seems like I have to wake the phone or surf the net before an email pushes. Also, if I have wifi and edge on at the same time it doesn't work at all. I use BossPrefs to turn one on and the other off. It seems that push is also effected with wifi. Sometimes it's instant and other times I have to wake up the net. Before I did anything push was working flawlessly with wifi. The jury is not out on this one yet cause I have not used it enough to see how it will effect me. Like I said before, I have no idea if the 19.95 plan will do any better.

Third: This happens very rarely and I mean rarely. Sometimes I get a network error when browsing edge or in my email. All I do is say ok and refresh and no problems. This is so rare that honestly it doesn't bother me at all.

Forth: It is true that youtube and im applications don't work, but I use wifi for these anyways cause 50kbps for youtube is not good and I hardly use IM.

So what can I say? Well, I'm using t-mobile to test it out and so far I am happy with the tzones hack since I have wifi in most of my important locations so speed is negligible and even at 50kbps I can at least pull up all my web pages. Also, I saved 15 bucks to test it out. I may plop the 15 bucks to see the difference but if the difference is a few kbps and im then I will stick with tzones. Now if the full internet plan fixes the push issue then 15 bucks for push is worth it for me, but that is just me.

Hope this helps and would love to hear if other people have the same experience and if I could get feedback of using the 19.95 vs the tzones.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:56 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan19s View Post
i called t-mobile they said its something wrong with t-zones in my area in new york city.
did you tell them tha you are using an iphone??
Old 08-24-2008, 12:06 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan19s View Post
Funny. They told me the same damn thing.

I think I may call them back.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:38 AM
Green Apple

bearz i aint that dum no i did not i just said my t-zones is not working

imma call them back late sunday night

Last edited by jordan19s; 08-24-2008 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-24-2008, 04:18 PM
What's Jailbreak?

^ I never said you were dumb man, I was just wondering becasue I read somewhere that T-mobile reps actually are cool with you having an iPhone...
Old 08-24-2008, 05:02 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearZ View Post
^ I never said you were dumb man, I was just wondering becasue I read somewhere that T-mobile reps actually are cool with you having an iPhone...
I don't see why they would mind. The T-Mobile website talks about web browsing with non-tmobile phones and that you are basically on your own with the programing.

But seriously, what would they do if you did know? Probably nothing. The only companies that really care are Apple and AT&T.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:37 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I'm on the $19.99 plan (hotspot) and confused actually.. never got an email with any sort of login info (since it becomes useable on laptops with wifi)

from tmobile:

T-Mobile HotSpot
Connect to the people who matter most with T-Mobile’s fast and reliable wireless broadband Internet service.

With over 7,000 locations in the US and thousands more worldwide, you can stay connected from across town or across the globe. T-Mobile HotSpot keeps you in touch in convenient locations such as Starbucks coffeehouses, Borders Books & Music stores, FedEx Kinko’s, hotels, airports, and the airline clubs of American®, Delta, United®, and US Airways®.

T-Mobile HotSpot provides a reliable wireless Internet connection with next generation speed, so it’s great for everything from checking your e-mail to instant messaging to enjoying streaming video or sound. Even connect to your corporate network with confidence on a completely secure network.

T-Mobile HotSpot gives you online communication access that lets you choose how you want to stay close. Use any Wi-Fi enabled device to stay close to those who matter. Your laptop computer, handheld PDA, or even a wireless digital camera keep you connected.

Connect even easier by downloading the T-Mobile Connection Manager Software. You can store the user name and passwords for all your wireless connections and find T-Mobile HotSpot locations worldwide.

Pricing

Different people need different plans. Choose from a wide range of T-Mobile HotSpot service plans to meet your mobile needs. You can add T-Mobile HotSpot service to any T-Mobile calling plan, or check out the T-Mobile Total Internet plans that offer unlimited GPRS, EDGE, and HotSpot connectivity in a single bundle. There's even a range of HotSpot-only plans ranging from annual or month-to-month subscriptions to Pay As You Go plans and DayPasses.

How to get started
1. Make sure the phone or computer you want to use is Wi-Fi compatible.
2. Choose your service plan - Add T-Mobile HotSpot to any calling plan, sign up for T-Mobile Total Internet, or select a T-Mobile HotSpot-only option.

T-MobileWeb
T-MobileWeb gives you a convenient mobile directory of information right on your phone. Access the same kind of information, news, and communication features you might use on the Internet, but made to fit your phone. Customize settings like My News, My Stocks, My Movies, My Weather, My Scores, My Horoscopes, and My Lottery so you can get quick access to just the T-MobileWeb information that interests you.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:27 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Mine finally decided to start working just a few minutes ago.

I lied. Only Yahoo works.

Last edited by Jυsтιи; 08-24-2008 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:31 PM
What's Jailbreak?

primo... only yahoo works, and it's just the main page. can't clikc on anything, gives you a COMVERSE error... this really blows, all i want to do is access my email, sned/receive emails, POP and outlook...
Old 08-25-2008, 01:31 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Operating System: XP Pro

Quote:
primo... only yahoo works, and it's just the main page. can't clikc on anything, gives you a COMVERSE error... this really blows, all i want to do is access my email, sned/receive emails, POP and outlook...
Have you read my earlier post? (like number 14 on this string) I was getting the same issue and it was because my T-Zones (tMobileWeb) wasn't activated properly on my account, it had nothing to do with the BigBoss Hack (at least in my case). I realized that my wife had it activated on her phone but that you have to pay the $5.99 for each line, so I was assuming that since she paid for it that all the lines on the plan got it. Not the case. I had them turn the $5.99 on for my phone line and it took about 24 hrs, but it works now. I tested it by putting her sim in my phone and that was when I realized that she has tZones but I didn't. I am in SoCal and we have the EDGE network here. Not sure if there are coverage issues with EDGE elsewhere.

Last edited by kryoken; 08-25-2008 at 01:34 PM.

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone Modding > T-mobile