HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > T-mobile
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

T-mobile Discuss questions about T-Mobile and the iphone here.

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2008, 04:57 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryoken View Post
Have you read my earlier post? (like number 14 on this string) I was getting the same issue and it was because my T-Zones (tMobileWeb) wasn't activated properly on my account, it had nothing to do with the BigBoss Hack (at least in my case). I realized that my wife had it activated on her phone but that you have to pay the $5.99 for each line, so I was assuming that since she paid for it that all the lines on the plan got it. Not the case. I had them turn the $5.99 on for my phone line and it took about 24 hrs, but it works now. I tested it by putting her sim in my phone and that was when I realized that she has tZones but I didn't. I am in SoCal and we have the EDGE network here. Not sure if there are coverage issues with EDGE elsewhere.
hey kryoken,

what exactly did you say to the tmobile rep about reseting tzones? cause i know i have it added to my line and i am still getting the comverse errors and what not.

thanks
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 05:43 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryoken View Post
Have you read my earlier post? (like number 14 on this string) I was getting the same issue and it was because my T-Zones (tMobileWeb) wasn't activated properly on my account, it had nothing to do with the BigBoss Hack (at least in my case). I realized that my wife had it activated on her phone but that you have to pay the $5.99 for each line, so I was assuming that since she paid for it that all the lines on the plan got it. Not the case. I had them turn the $5.99 on for my phone line and it took about 24 hrs, but it works now. I tested it by putting her sim in my phone and that was when I realized that she has tZones but I didn't. I am in SoCal and we have the EDGE network here. Not sure if there are coverage issues with EDGE elsewhere.
Yeah, I read it, I called, had tzones $5.99 on my phone, and then told them to upgrade it to the $9.99 tzones-pro, which adds support for outlook mail, not sure how much but I got it.. still doesn't work though, I'll give it a couple days, after that the whole deals' off...
Old 08-25-2008, 07:17 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iphone 1.1.4
Operating System: windows

I upgraded from 1.1.4 to 2.0.1 I had downloaded the 5.99 hack and restarted. It didn't work, I kept getting the $CODE$. I called t-mobile and they do support iphone to a certain extent she tried to help me set it up. I was putting in the wap.voicestream.com and after the restart the cellular data network/edge tab would dissapear.

If you can't see cellular data network/edge and wanna make sure you put the right APN : Just go to settings, general, reset, and reset network settings.

I did all of this and no luck so im back on the 19.99 plan. It is possible that for 2.0.1 they have fixed it so it doesn't work that is what the t-mobile lady mentioned.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:06 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0.1

No luck here either...2.0.2. Signed up for T-Mo Web 2 days ago. Big boss hack via Cydia.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:14 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: Iphone 2.0.1

2.0.1 I used tzones hack from cydia all was good after a few hours but then 4days later I get an error as listed above. I just might end up going back to my 19.99 plan
Old 08-27-2008, 08:21 PM
Green Apple

had my edge working for 2 hrs now it stopped uhhhhhhh
Old 08-27-2008, 10:57 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.2 Jailbroken, Unlocked (AnySIM), T-Mobile

I've had an iPhone that has gone from 1.1.1 all the way through 2.0.2. The T-Zones hack had worked perfectly for me since December. I upgraded to 2.0.2 last night, and T-Zones stopped working. Occasionally I'll get an email, but nothing loads in safari, or any of the other applications. I talked to T-Mobile today and they were very good with their limited support for the iPhone, though they weren't able to provide me with a solution that works beyond suggesting I upgrade to the total internet plan at 19.99 a month. Then again, that might just be the best solution since I'd never have to launch safari and navigate to a webpage to get the WAP gate open before the other internet applications work.

Question: Has anyone had their TZones service stop suddenly (and rather completely, for an extended period of time) and then start working again? I'm debating how long to wait before I upgrade my plan to the Total Internet package.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:24 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: Iphone 2.0.1
Operating System: Windows Vista
Tmobile doesn't care, but I think they eliminated the Tzones

A while ago my call waiting wasn't working on my Iphone so I reluctantly called Tmobile. I hadn't told them anything about my phone and they said "I see you have an Iphone." They couldn't care less. They were also able to change some setting in my account so my call waiting would work with my Iphone.

Yesterday my internet stopped working through Tzones and it's been flawless for 6 months since I got the phone. So I called Tmobile. They looked things over and said that it shouldn't be working anyway because I only have Tzones. So maybe they got hip to the Tzones hack and disabled it somewhere, maybe not. I'm going to wait and see if it starts working again before I fork over the extra $$ for total internet.

If anyone elses Tzones is still working today, please let us know.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:22 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Yeah, I've been surfing just fine with my 1stGen iphone and the t-zones hack for almost a year and it's been a few days now with no EDGE. I've had the iPhone t-zones hack continue to work through every firmware update 1.1.1-2.0.2. I'm kinda afraid to call and find out I've lost my $5.99 internet plan. :-(
Old 08-28-2008, 02:35 PM
What's Jailbreak?

It's been solved. T-zones changed IP.

According to this thread, tmobile changed the IP for T-zones. So all we need to do is go to Cydia and update the hack, and we should be smooth sailing.

tzones crisis over
Old 08-28-2008, 04:54 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Thanks! Cydia update fixed it.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:04 PM
What's Jailbreak?

This is sad. Even though I posted the tzones crisis is over thread, I still get the CODE COMVERSE ERROR. Does it have to do with the Pwnage tool since that's what i used in Leopard.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:55 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 2.0.1

I just joined this site. How do I download the new t-zones hack???
Old 08-29-2008, 10:30 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Hey i was just going to say I had the Internal Error 500 thing to and What I did was go to
Settings>Safari then I cleared my Cache, History, and cookies and now my tzones is working again hope this helps a lil
Old 08-29-2008, 01:17 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by da07flopro View Post
Hey i was just going to say I had the Internal Error 500 thing to and What I did was go to
Settings>Safari then I cleared my Cache, History, and cookies and now my tzones is working again hope this helps a lil

did not work for me unfortunately.

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > T-mobile