HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > T-mobile
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

T-mobile Discuss questions about T-Mobile and the iphone here.

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2008, 12:48 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Tzones hack doesn't work with pwned 2.0

I have looked over many threads with these hacks. I signed up for tzones 5.99 plan last week and recently used pwned 2.0 to upgrade 1.1.4 to 2.0 I dled the hack through cydia but was unable to get the internet to work properly. On rare occassions, it would work while the remaining of the day would not work giving me an error. I know a couple of people that actually used the hack and did the same thing as I did got it to work properly. What am I doing wrong here? Any help would be much appreciated. Those that are having the same problem as me, please let everyone know what happened and how you solved it if you did.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:52 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: 1.1.4 16gb iPhone
Operating System: Leopard

I just tried this last night and got it to work right away. Did you reboot the phone after you installed the hack? I forgot to do that back when I had it on 1.1.3. Rebooting took care of the issue.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:56 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Yea I tried doing that and it didn't work. I also tried to reinstall the hack many times and that also didn't work.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:36 AM
What's Jailbreak?

I got the hack to work for about a day, then it stopped working. I then SHHed the proper files into the appropriate locations (identically to what the hack does, just manually). That ended up working for about 2 days. Then again, edge seems to cut out. This time I did both, the hack (without luck) and manually placing the files, both failed to get edge to work, not even the mail application, which worked before any modifications.

Anyone else experience similar problems???
Old 07-23-2008, 08:52 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0 Unlocked and Jailbroken
Operating System: OS X Leopard
T Zones Hack Not Working for me either

I have unlocked and used a lot of phones and this is the first one I haven't been able to get T Zones working on. I am having the same issue. In Safari I get the HTTP Error:$CODE$ message and on the maps I get the search failed becauseof a Server error message. I have tried the TZones hack in Cydia and the actual preferences plist hack and nothing. I am very frustrated. Any help would be much appreciated. I have reinstalled the custom firmware twice to try and get it to work to no avail. Please help.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:04 AM

Device + Firmware: AT&T 1.1.4 & 2.0
Operating System: Leopard / XP

When the edge settings are not working on T-Mobile and you have the T-Zones hack installed, 99% of the time it's a T-Mobile issue... not a phone issue. Best thing to do is call customer service and have them reset the service on their end.

DFU Restore Mode:
1. Boot phone 2. Hold Power + Home until the screen goes BLACK 3. Continue to hold home and let go of power 4. Plug into iTunes (screen should still be BLACK) 5. Within 20 seconds it should come up in recovery mode 6. Let go of Home and hit RESTORE in iTunes.

Firmware 2.0 DFU: 1. Power phone OFF. 2. Hold power + home for 10 seconds. 3. Let go of power and continue to hold home until iTunes finds the phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:
gubbel (08-24-2008)
Old 07-23-2008, 09:31 AM
What's Jailbreak?

My 2.0 iPhone works with the bigboss tzones hack which is on cydia.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:14 AM
Green Apple

Send a message via AIM to origitat Send a message via MSN to origitat Send a message via Yahoo to origitat

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0by View Post
My 2.0 iPhone works with the bigboss tzones hack which is on cydia.

Same here. I installed the hack yesterday and it has been working with no problems.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:59 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Operating System: Windows XP
tzone issue

I have updated the phone to 2.0. I applied the tzones preferences hack. When Safari connects for the first time, it comes up with the HTTP Error:$CODE$ error. But if I hit refresh, the page loads. The internet works for all applications. The problem occurs when the phone goes into the key lock mode. For some reason, the iphone severs the internet connection. When i unlock the phone and try Safari, I get the same http error again. I have to refresh the page again to get internet working again. Anyone else experiencing this???
Old 07-23-2008, 11:59 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Worked for me too! And what you really need to do after intstalling the package off Cydia is reboot the phone.

I tried it right after the install with no luck. Went to reinstall the package and still it didn't work. I rebooted the phone and it works perfectly.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:05 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Did you install the tzones hack or did you just modify the preference.plist?
What's weird for me is that it would work on rare occasions but give me errors the rest of the time. Yahoo would load partially, but the icons and pictures wouldn't meaning the internet isn't working. I am able to access wap.myvoicestream.com which I'm guessing shows that my tzones is working, right?
Yea, I tried reinstalling and rebooting after install, but it hasn't been working for me.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:13 PM
Green Apple

Operating System: 15" G4 PB/Mac OS X 10.5.4

Back when I was on 1.1.4, upon installation of the T-Zones hack thru Installer and a reboot the internet worked on everything just fine.

In 2.0, the story's different. Pwned 2.0 using Pwnage 2.0.1 on OS X Leopard. Installed T-Zones hack thru Cydia. Probs with Internet? Yeah. Went to "Cellular Data Network" under 'Settings' and found everything was blank!!

Put "wap.voicestream.com" under APN. One more reboot later... I am a-OK!! w00t! w00t!
The Following User Says Thank You to dontmakemehurtu For This Useful Post:
mrsidewayzz (08-23-2008)
Old 07-24-2008, 12:35 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 8gb iphone
Operating System: vista

my t-zones works with no problems, it's youtube that won't work, but was working before the 2.0 upgrade on 1.1.4
Old 08-17-2008, 04:56 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0.1
Operating System: XP Pro
2.0.1 TZones Issue. Still looking for a solution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkavenger View Post
I have looked over many threads with these hacks. I signed up for tzones 5.99 plan last week and recently used pwned 2.0 to upgrade 1.1.4 to 2.0 I dled the hack through cydia but was unable to get the internet to work properly. On rare occassions, it would work while the remaining of the day would not work giving me an error. I know a couple of people that actually used the hack and did the same thing as I did got it to work properly. What am I doing wrong here? Any help would be much appreciated. Those that are having the same problem as me, please let everyone know what happened and how you solved it if you did.
5PM 8/17/08 I have not solved it. I am running 2.0.1, loaded the BigBoss TZones fix off of Cydia, checked APN in my settings>general>network it is wap.voicestream.com blank user/pass. I can get to wap.voicestream.com page and a few links display in Safari, the EDGE icon is blue, and home page of Yahoo seems to load (without pictures), but the links fail and either give me an "Internal ERROR 500" across the top of the browser and the page comes back with HTTP ERROR: $CODE$, or, it says COMVERSE across the top and "internal error you do not have access to the site in www.google.com"

8PM 8/17/08 I get an IP adress in BossPrefs on the EDGE network. So, it seems like it is almost working... but IT'S NOT! HELP? I would feel so much slicker and cooler if I didn't have to pay the $9.99 or $19.99 for their data plan! ANY pointers would really be appreciated!!!

12AM 8/18/08 Finally got it to work. There was nothing wrong with the file... leave it to someone else to pay the bill and they only get TZones for their own phone. Realized that the errors I am running into are because I don't have TZones on my phone... just the wife's phone. Put her sim card into the iPhone and it worked. So, I guess I have to add the $5.99 to my own number. DUH!!! Hey, at least I know it works now! Thanks BigBoss!!!

12PM 8/25/08 Wife added the $5.99 to my line SPECIFICALLY (not just her's) and it took about 24hrs for it to start working. This was after I had tried everything and messed up my WiFi by forcibly removing the T-Zone Hack and having to restore my iPhone. I was getting the infamous Error 500 with the $CODE$ or the COMVERSE "you do not have access to the blah blah blah" errors before I got my T-Mobile account setup properly. But it was my account the whole time... not the BigBoss Hack!!!

I'm running 2G 16GB 2.0.1 w/ T-Mobile and T-Zone (renamed t-mobile web now) and lovin it. Please click the THANKS if this helps you get it running, I'ld like to know if anyone is reading this stuff!!! ;-)

Last edited by kryoken; 08-25-2008 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Thought of more detail. Then figured it out!
The Following User Says Thank You to kryoken For This Useful Post:
ariza2727 (08-25-2008)
Old 08-22-2008, 01:55 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: I PHONE 2.0
Operating System: HP

My problem is this i have upgraded to 2.0 installed t mobile hack trhu Cydia and then i went to Cellular Data network entered wap.voicestream.com and than i restarted the phone went back in and the Cellular data network tab is gone . Please help this si really frustrating I tried everything every thread plus i dont see the edge tab once i restore the phone the only thing i can see is cellular data network . Please help .

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > T-mobile