HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Free 3G iPhone Contest!
Unlocked Cell Phones

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches Post new native iPhone and iPod Touch apps in this forum. Also post updates to apps in this thread. Grab Our Native Apps Launches RSS Feed

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi | Work Opportunities at MMi - updated 6/29/08

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

3G iPhone Local Launch Parties | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | Win Free 3G iPhones!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2008, 06:33 AM
Green Apple

If anybody is having the following error message using Cydia, then have a quick look here: Installation of SOME apps result in "subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 1"

I can't find anything else about this problem...

Any ideas?

subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 1
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:42 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iphone ver 1.1.4

Hello,
I had installed cydia and installer on my iphone version 1.1.4. Everything was working fine until few minutes ago when I felt the need to update cydia package :-( now after update I am unable to open cydia. when I try to open it it just "shuts down" (just the cydia). I have been unable to open cydia since then. I tried restarting iphone with no luck. None of the other application seem to be affected. Can someone (saurik?) please help me get cydia working.

Thanks

Edit: I added http://apptapp.saurik.com/ source in my installer, downloaded and then reinstalled cydia package. I am now able to open cydia. Hopefully this will help others.

Last edited by cosmiccurser; 06-07-2008 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Figured it out
Old 06-05-2008, 01:11 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4 - iLiberated
Operating System: Windows XP

Can someone add a way to UNINSTALL Cydia, the only way I've found so far is to restore.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:24 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4PWN
Operating System: Mac OS X Leopard

Hi2All!

There is another Cydia's repository: repo.iphoneapps.ru

Code:
#cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/iphoneapps.list
#
deb http://repo.iphoneapps.ru stable main
Old 06-10-2008, 01:08 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Hey.

It is possible someone already asked about this problem but I can't seem to find it in this thread.

Whilst trying to install Cydia via Installer, the app downloads and then begins to install when suddenly Installer closes and it's back to the home page.

Obviously it cuts the installation and I have to start all the process again. I tried this several time but still just as it's about to install it closes on me.

I don't see what makes this happen...perhaps a problem with another app?

I'm on an iPod Touch with 1.1.1 firmware.

EDIT: Never mind, it was a space problem.

Last edited by Krypter; 06-10-2008 at 05:17 PM.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:07 AM
What's Jailbreak?

I have used installer since the beginning and it's great and has done its purpose.

I've never been intrested in trying another alternative because the iphone is so finniky that if you install 1 bad app or file the whole ship could go down in flames.

I froze up my iphone this weekend trying the new freebase, fiasco and what a perfect time to try cydia.

iliberty? i think installed it automatically along with the correct (i assume) bsd subsystem that everyone is making all the fuss about.

After a fresh 1.1.4 restore and a clean install of cydia, I see what all the fuss is about. the program is awesome!

first. to update all the settings its not that hard? you run the application, goto "changes" and click update all. it updates all the unix commands, etc etc and you are good to go. In a matter of seconds I was re-installing all the app's I use to have, except this time I didn't have to wait for sources to refresh, etc.

I for one am glad I was able to switch over and am enjoying the new installer. I still had to install apptapp installer because certain programs just haven't migrated to cydia yet, but the sooner people switch over and demand cydia repo's the sooner we can move to a open source install program. where we aren't forced to look at ad's or top 10 lists or etc.
Old 06-14-2008, 04:37 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone Jailbroken/Unlocked 1.1.4
Operating System: Windows XP Black

I didn't like it. Didn't understand all the warning messages and had fears of it messing up my phone. I prefer the Installer. Its simple and it works. Not saying your app is bad i think it is well made just i am skeptical about it
Old 06-19-2008, 11:28 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4 - iLiberated
Operating System: Windows XP

I wud use Cydia if there was a way to uninstall it through installer.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:14 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Cydia's great but i have one question. Cydia will move the Application, Wallpaper, Fonts, Ringtones and Share folder to the media partition to give more space.

My question is why does it move all those folders to /var/stash and append some random numbers/alphabets to the end of the folder name? I thought it supposed to move it to /var?

I looked in the spaces.sh and move.sh script and the destination directory is /var/stash. What's the rationale of it moving it there and appending a random numbers/alphabets to the folder name?

I think thats more than 1 question. Hehehehehehe

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches