HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News What's the latest news? Check it out here. Grab Our News RSS Feed

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | $199 3G iPhone Releasing July 11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2008, 09:07 PM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post

AT&T is just trying to be what it once was :P

From the AT&T Press Release: "With a two-year contract, the price of an 8GB iPhone 3G will be $199; the 16GB model will be priced at $299."
hmmmmmm who do I trust? Apple or AT&T?

* Based on 3G and EDGE testing. Actual speeds vary by site conditions. Based on iPhone 3G (8GB) and first-generation iPhone (8GB) purchases. Requires new 2-year AT&T rate plan, sold separately.
Some features and services are not available in all areas. See your carrier for details.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:14 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Well I guess all the people with T-mobile who sold their 1st Gen iPhones feel stupid now, I wouldn't be surprised if the 1st Gen iPhones continue to stay in demand over the 3G ones...
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:21 PM
Green Apple

yea i do!
Old 06-09-2008, 09:22 PM
iPhoneaholic

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by listenclose View Post
hmmmmmm who do I trust? Apple or AT&T?

* Based on 3G and EDGE testing. Actual speeds vary by site conditions. Based on iPhone 3G (8GB) and first-generation iPhone (8GB) purchases. Requires new 2-year AT&T rate plan, sold separately.
Some features and services are not available in all areas. See your carrier for details.
"The new agreement between Apple and AT&T eliminates the revenue-sharing model under which AT&T shared a portion of monthly service revenue with Apple. Under the revised agreement, which is consistent with traditional equipment manufacturer-carrier arrangements, there is no revenue sharing and both iPhone 3G models will be offered at attractive prices to broaden the market potential and accelerate subscriber volumes. The phones will be offered with a two-year contract and attractive data plans that are similar to those offered for other smartphones and PDAs. AT&T anticipates that these offers will drive increased sales volumes and revenues among high-quality, data-centric customers."
Old 06-09-2008, 09:59 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Just to cover a few issues and not sound like a know-it-all:
I seriously doubt they will restrict purchases to only new activations because how will they handle non warranty replacements in the future?

If they DO then as someone mentioned you CAN buy the phone for $199 and pay the $175 to cancel but you have to wait a full month as AT&T gives you 30 days to ride their network. Whoever said you would have to return the phone is wrong the $175 is a repayment of their subsidation for the phone so you keep the phone.

Apple and AT&T don't care how much you spent on your iphone when you bought it so on and so forth no other phone manufacturer does LG, Samsung, Nokia, RIM, HTC, theyre all the same you buy the device expecting planned obsolescence, that's technology so if you bought your old iphone before may 27th 2008 then Steve Jobs is not wiping your *** and you will be biting the bullet on your old iphone.

If you are not eligible for upgrade, our out of contract then you do not qualify for $199/$299.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:03 PM
Green Apple

anyone qualifies for the 199/299 if you get a contract!
Old 06-09-2008, 10:07 PM
What's Jailbreak?

why are t-mobiles screwed? other than they can't get 3g. they still get to use the iPhone at a WAY cheaper comparable usage plan.

tFT
Old 06-09-2008, 10:09 PM
What's Jailbreak?

no you're wrong its like any other phone they wont give you special pricing if you dont qualify why do apple owners think they get special treatment the 199/299 is not because of apple its at&t thats paying the diff so why would they pay the diff if its not in their best interest
Old 06-10-2008, 01:57 AM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

How generous... as of today that's what, a 2 week grace period? Thanks for bending over so far backwards ATT.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:07 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Send a message via AIM to ewokcwalk

if you return your phone BY today... you'll get the most out of it...

BUT, if you poop in the toilet, and wish with BOTH hands.. you will be doubling ur chances of the wish coming true.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:03 AM
Green Apple

Im going to try and buy a "second" iPhone 3G for myself, and play dumb. Then i will turn around and sell it

I doubt they can ask you to prove that you dropped yours in water and broke it. It will sure be hard to do more than one or two... I would imagine it would be worth a lot on ebay
Old 06-10-2008, 05:48 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Are they determining purchase date solely by a sales receipt? Could someone, in theory, revirginize their 1st gen iPhone, put back in the supplied AT&T sim, and activate the phone with AT&T, and use the activation date of the account as the proof of sale?
Old 06-10-2008, 05:49 AM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Maybach View Post
Im going to try and buy a "second" iPhone 3G for myself, and play dumb. Then i will turn around and sell it

I doubt they can ask you to prove that you dropped yours in water and broke it. It will sure be hard to do more than one or two... I would imagine it would be worth a lot on ebay

Finally someone else that thinks before they type. NO kidding. ATT or especially apple is not going to make you sign a contract if you have a second phone. I mean if you really want to make it legit say it was stolen from your car and get a police report.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:54 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

I guess no one here has ever heard of anyone trying to activate a phone that has been reported as stolen. The phone is locked out of the system and is completely unusable on the network. eBay is littered with scams of people attempting to sell phones that they "found" or some-such-thing. Someone buys them, and then find out they lost their money and have a worthless phone when they try to activate it.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:55 AM
What's Jailbreak?

because it has not yet been posted:
If we already have an iPhone activated July 27th 2007(or whenever it came out), can we still get 199/299 pricing? Will our contracts then be extended to three years or renewed to two years?

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News